There is more to interpreting than being able to speak two languages...Professional interpreters prepare in advance for their assignments through education, training, and research.
- Rely on professional interpreters who are familiar with the language and culture of your intended audience.
- Save time and money by hiring someone with specialized knowledge of your field.
- Gain peace of mind by reducing liability (See Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 here.) http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/civilrights/resources/specialtopics/tanf/crrequirementstvi.htm
- Please let us know the dates and times you will need our services.
- Give us at least 48 hours to find an interpreter who is perfect for your communication needs. We are sometimes able to find someone in less time, but more lead time, the better, as interpreters are in high demand.
Modes of InterpretingSimultaneous Interpretation (SI)
- This is used for conferences. A spoken-language simultaneous interpreter sits in a sound-proof booth and speaks into a microphone, while watching and listening to the source-language speaker via earphones.
- This mode of interpreting requires a significant amount of concentration and often necessitates the use of two interpreters who work as a pair, taking turns at intervals of between 10 to 20 minutes.
- This is done in order to maintain interpretation quality, as this type of interpreting is very intensive for linguists.
- Although simultaneous interpreting tends to be more costly than other types, it yields better results for the participants and provides a better flow to meetings.
- The interpreter speaks after the source language speaker has finished speaking.
- The speech is divided into segments, (brief enough to memorize) while the interpreter sits or stands beside the source-language speaker.
- The interpreter listens and takes notes during the message.
- After the speaker pauses, the interpreter delivers a portion of the message or the message in its entirety in the target language.
Contact us at (317) 884-3122 or at email@example.com for more details about our interpreting services. Please call at least 48 hours in advance, so that we may better serve your interpreting needs. For over-the-phone interpreting services, please fill out the form to create an account. http://midwestlanguageservices.com/phone-interpreting-services-telephonic-interpreting/